Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Springfield - Week 66

It's been a long week!  Elder Johanson will be going home on Wednesday so it will just be Elder Strech and I.  It's going to be weird with just 2.

Monday 8/10:  I could not sleep last night!  Elder Johanson and I might of stayed up too late talking about life.  This is his last week so that's super crazy!  Two companions in a row are going home now.  The Assistants to the President, Elder Workman and Elder Nash came to racquetball finally.  That was a blast!  We chilled at Jakes house again today.  We played some basketball with the A.Ps and some other missionaries.  It was good exercise.  Got to love balling it up!  

Tuesday 8/11:  This morning we had Zone Leader Training.  There we learned our duties and responsibilities as well as how we can be great leaders.  That meeting has probably been one of my favorite meetings I have attended.  The Spirit was strong and I learned a Ton!  For lunch today we went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I love that place!  It was Elder Whitneys Birthday today so we went and grubbed down on some wings.  Since it was his birthday I told the waitress and they came and sang to him and gave him a hat.  It was hilarious!  He was mad at me at first until they brought out some cake and ice cream haha.  Elder Johanson went to the Mission Home to take care of stuff there before he leaves and Elder Strech and I stayed in our area.  We taught R and K.  Bomb lesson!  Since he is a graffiti artist, I'm going to have him make me a piece.  Tonight for splits I went out with the Strebels.  We taught A and B.  I taught them about how God is our Loving Heavenly Father and that he is with us at all times and knows what we stand in need of.  She has been going through some hard times and that really helped her.  As we were leaving she thanked me for not giving up on her even though they have been flakes.  I now know that even when people are flakes and nothing seems to be working we just need to have patience and everything will work out according to Gods will.  We also saw M and M and had another awesome lesson with them.  They are so solid that there's not much we have to do besides teach them the lessons.  They understand and accept it all.  They are going to get married in the next couple weeks so that should be fun!

Wednesday 8/12:  For lunch today Hermano Salgado made us some bomb Tortas.  We went on exchanges today.  Elder Whitney came to my area with Elder Strech and I.  We helped Brother Halford with some yard work.  He was showing us his drumming skills and wanted us to try it as well, so I did, and of course I'm a natural.  I think I finally found my musical talent.  We had a really good lesson tonight with J and M.  We talked for over an hour and it was just a nice lesson.  In the idle of the lesson a dumb bird pooped on my back.  Nasty!  I've never had that happen before but I guess there's a first for everything.  Elder Whitney and a Elder Eldridge wrestled tonight, man that was funny.

Thursday 8/13:  This morning we went to 32nd st which has a huge sports complex and for morning exercise we played soccer.  Just passing, shooting and lots of running.  It was a blast.  We finally got our car this morning from the shop.  It's now all fixed and nice looking from the crash.  We did some more service today hauling and cutting tree branches.  Yard work is specialty.  Tonight we ate at the Valverdes restaurant again.  They made us some killer burritos!  Tonight we saw a bunch of people but unfortunately we weren't able to teach anyone.

Friday 8/14:  Today was a weird day.  I had the opportunity to give Sister Sowter a blessing today because she is sick.  They was a cool experience.  The only other good thing that happened today was we finally taught D and L even though they fell asleep half way during the Restoration video.

Saturday 8/15:  We started the day off right today.  We taught M and J and also T and C.  Bomb lessons!  The rest of the day we spent in Santa Clara and Eugene talking to a million people.  We had dinner with Bertha Bowker tonight and she made some of the best chicken recipe ever!

Sunday 8/16:  Elder Strech and I went to Santa Clara for church today.  Long day there but it was packed full of great stuff.  We went to Harrisburg to the Valverdes house for a bug Potluck.  Bomb food and it was great to talk with all the members more.  The rest of the day we went hard and taught some peeps.  We saw M and M tonight and they are doing very well!

This week I reread in Alma 18.  We must remember that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and he cares for each and everyone of us.  He knows what we are going through and what we stand in need.  Always trust in him!

32 And Ammon said: Yea, and he looketh down upon all the children of men; and he knows all the thoughts and intents of the heart; for by his hand were they all created from the beginning. (Alma 18)
 

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Perrine




No comments:

Post a Comment