Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Corvallis - Week 52

Monday 5/11:  Today was just a chill P-Day.  Just did some shopping and played basketball.  When dinner came around a member in our ward gave us Vinicin so we made some hamburgers which were bomb.  After dinner Elder Greer felt sick and started throwing up so there went the night.  He acts crazy when he is sick.  It's pretty weird.  I guess he gets sick a lot.  Wimp!  I have no sympathy for sick babies haha.

Tuesday 5/12:  So today Elder Greer was throwing up all day so we just chilled at home.  Since we didn't have any soup we asked Sister Palmer if she had any and in less than an hour Sisters from the stake were calling us and bringing over soup.  It's an amazing thing how people, even if they don't know you, will help you out.  To my surprise I actually stayed sane all day.  I just read lots and lots of books, listened to music, cleaned the house, worked out, ate food, and read some more.  I also got a huge Amazon pantry box today full of food.  Thanks to my Awesome Parents.  All in all it was a successful day I thought haha.

Wednesday 5/13:  Elder Greer wasn't feeling too good in the morning but felt better by lunch which was great because we had a busy day.  We went to Brother Youngs who is a Chiropractor to get worked on which was nice and it always feels good afterwards.  We did some family history which is always so fun and I loving checking out who my ancestors were.  We helped Sister Haslam at soccer practice for the last time.  Soccer is all finished now so it's a sad day.  I going to miss helping with that.  We had dinner with the Grimmer family.  We had a fun mini golf tournament after dinner in the backyard.  It was legit and I got the New High Score with the total of 5.  Lowest is the best because there's 4 holes.  I had 3 holes in 1.  Beast mode.  They are going to put my name on their Leader Board now.  I feel special haha.

Thursday 5/14:  So not much happened today.  We did finally see J. tonight and had a bomb lesson with her.  She still wants to be baptized which is awesome.  She just needs to come to church.  She is also moving to Portland right after her baptism for schooling which really sucks...  But hopefully she will continue to go to church up there.

Friday 5/15:  This morning we had Zone Training Meeting and it went really well.  We talked about how we need to work better with the members.  Basically we need to babysit the members and teach them how to do missionary work.  We also talked about the importance of the Restoration.  They asked us a question," What does the Restoration mean to me?".  I thought it was a really good question to think about.  We talked about Sacrament and the importance and how we can better prepare ourselves for church.  They also talked about how testimonies are important and how everyday we need to increase our testimony and share it with others.  It was a super good ZTM.  I went on Exchanges today with Elder Cho in his area.  We did so much walking haha.  It was nice though getting to know him better.  He was born is South Korea and moved to America when he was 7.  He has a pretty crazy story.  He is also writing a series of books about "The Centillions" and it's pretty good so far.  He gave me the brief overview of the 5 books he's going to write and it's awesome!  He is putting a Character named Perrine in the book who is Adan's bodyguard.  Adan is one of the main characters.  But I'm basically a Big Warrior who just takes people out with his huge Claymore sword.  It's pretty awesome to know that I'll be in a book haha.

Saturday 5/16:  Today we helped out at Scout A Rama which was located at Central Park and there were a ton of scouts there and lots of cool stuff.  We helped make Snow Cones, which now I'm a Pro at it haha.  We also saw A. and A. today.  Something I love to do as a missionary is enter into people's homes and leave knowing that the Spirit is now in the home.  You can just tell the difference of feeling in the house and how the people are as we are leaving.  Best thing ever!

Sunday 5/17:  Church was great today!  J. and her daughters actually came today!  It was a miracle.  So I'm now starting to keep a Sunday Journal and to write down the impressions I get.  It's a good idea so try it out!  The rest of the day was pretty lame.  NOBODY wanted to talk to us.  It was very frustrating and made the day sooooo long.  But you just have to make the best of it.  We were finally able to talk to M. who is now a new investigator.  He's a cool guy so hopefully he turns out to be good.  Also we were able to give Hermano Islas a blessing tonight.  His body isn't doing too good so it was nice to exercise my Priesthood Authority.  If you don't use it you lose it.

So this week I read over Joseph Smith history because you can never read it too many times and something new stuck out to me this time...

18 My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)--and which I should join.

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

So Joseph Smith went to the Lord to know which Church was true and at this time non of them were true.  For it says,"for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong".  At this time Christs church was not on the Earth.  For some reason that line stuck out to me as if it were jumping off the page.  It's sad to think that all those people over the years never had Christs Church.  They wandered in darkness and knew not where to find the light.  We don't have to be wander in darkness and be confused for we have the light and we know where to find it.  How lucky are we to now live in a time when we have the Restored Church of Christ back on the Earth.  Where we can partake of its Truthfulness.  We have the Fullness of the Gospel, we have the Priesthood once again to act in the name of God, we have a living day Prophet who can once again lead us on the correct path, and we have The Book of Mormon which is Another Testament of Jesus Christ which is the evidence that God has once again Restored his Church.  How blessed are we if we choose to partake of this.

I'm grateful for you all and I love you very much!

Love,
Elder Perrine





No comments:

Post a Comment