Sunday, April 12, 2015

Corvallis - Week 44 (Half-Way!!)

Buenas Dias!

Monday:  This morning we went to the Lewis to do our laundry.  So grateful for them. Then we just chilled the rest of the day.  Did some emailing, ate lunch, then we had to take our car in to get some work done on it which took forever so it wasted our P-Day which sucked.  We had dinner with Bishop Gibbs of the Philomath ward.  Cool family. The wife is from Hollister so we talked about Monterey and what not.  So they have a tradition, every new Elder that comes to their house gets a new tie and they have a huge rack of them.  It's super awesome.  I got a green pasley.  We did some contacting after dinner and ran into a guy named K.  He use to meet with the Elders and is a recovering drug addict.  He's a good guy and just wanted to come talk with us and thanked us for our service.  I love people like that.  

Tuesday: We went to work at Community Outreach today.  Elder Thompson and I organized the food pantry and I labeled all the shelves so people would stop destroying it.  Now it's looking good.  We also helped install some security cameras which was fun.  I love watching people on them haha.  Our house was a disaster so we decided to clean it up and now it's super clean.  I hate messy places.  We had dinner tonight with Tom or technically he had dinner with us at our place.  We made Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, and a Salad.  Bomb food!  I'm pretty impressed with my cooking skills haha.  So Tom also made prison cookies.  So what he did is he took roman noodles and cooked them in water in the microwave for a bit.  Then he took a cereal box and cut a circle out of it and put the noodles on it and put it back in the microwave.  He cooked in 2 min intervals and then sturred it until it was finally a little tan and crispy.  Then he took Hershey's chocolate and peanuts and melted that then took the crispy broken up noodles and mixed it together.  Then he put them in cookie size shapes and put them in the fridge until they cooled down.  It was soooooo good.  I was super surprised.  You can basically put anything with it and it will taste good.  We also went to Book of Mormon class which no one showed up so we had story time with Tom.  He told us a lot of his experiences and how he came to know God even better.  He said there were so many times where he was just depressed and thought the whole world was coming down on him.  He said when he felt like that he prayed, then everything was better.  I love Toms stories. Awesome Guy!  He also showed us these killer workouts that we are going to start doing now.  We did some tonight and I thought I was going to die.  It was also St. Party's Day today. Woooooooo!!!

Wednesday:  Today we tracted half of Hobart St. which is a heavily populated Hispanic street.  We ran into some good potentials to go back and contact and we also talked to some cool college students.  I love serving in College towns because there are just so many different kinds of people from all over.  One girl we tracted into was Jordan.  She was super cool and we basically taught her the whole restoration on the doorstep and gave her a Book of Mormon.  Then we also talked to a guy named Joshua.  Total fitness guy so we got really along.  Turns out he grew up around Mormons so he knew what we were all about and we had a great discussion with him.  He told us to make sure we learn all we can while on a mission and really get to know people and their beliefs.  We haven't done some tracting like that in a while so it was good to get Elder Thompson some more experience.  We had a great dinner with the Grose family.  She made these cake pops that were to die for. Yum!

Thursday:  Elder Thompson led out in Weekly planning today which was great.  I'm starting to put more weight on his shoulders and having him take control of more stuff so that when I'm gone he won't freak out and not know what to do.  So far he is taking it very well.  So today was my HUMP DAY!!!  It was a blast.  I wore my sweet Hump Daaaay shirt whenever I could.  A big group of us went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and man that was good.  I love the napkins because they say, When in doubt just Wing It, haha.  That's kind of what we do as missionaries except we have the Spirit to guide us when we have to wing it.  I burnt a white shirt and since I forgot to burn a tie at my 6 months I added that in too.  I thought we were going to get the fire truck called on us because it was just black smoke and smelt bad haha.  It was awesome!  We had dinner with the Brambila family tonight.  Sister Brambilas sister was in town and they had friends over so their were like 15 kids running around.  It was insane!  We also saw K. again tonight.  He had us sign his Book of Mormon and Bible for him.  He said he's a "Gick" which is a Gangster/ Hick, haha.  Great guy!

Friday:  We had a good District meeting about having more sincere prayers and using the scriptures more.  We did service at Renee's again.  Elder Ricks and I did some more flooring and it's starting to look like a floor now which is awesome.  We had dinner at the Eric Kings home tonight which I was totally stoked about!  He showed Elder Thompson around the house and he was just freaking out haha.  Brother King gave us advice to start saving up as soon as we can and not to touch it.

Saturday:  So this morning we went to the OSU Campus to help out at the Special Olympics.  This thing was legit.  We helped with the Basketball side of it.  We got these sweet Nike Special Olympics shirts which was awesome.  I had a blast helping out there.  I was in charge of the score sheet so I had all the pressure on me during the games to make sure everything was right haha.  The players were actually pretty decent.  It was super fun to watch.  This one game both teams scored like 8 three pointers total which is unheard of.  Everyone was freaking out when a crazy shot up in the air from behind the three would just magically swish right in.  It was awesome to see.  Then as we were leaving and checking out one of the head ladies stopped us and told us that a big Alumni VIP party was getting ready to leave and that there was going to be a ton of left over food and she wanted us to eat it.  We were so stoked.  We just chowed down on some gourmet stuff.  I love blessings haha.  For dinner tonight we went over to Jeff and Sables with other Thompson and Chang.  We had a blast there and the food was super good. Burgers and Chicken and lots more stuff.  I also baked some brownies for dessert. Yum!  It was nice being able to hang out with Jeff and Sable and get to know them better.  Oh also we got transfer calls and of course I'm staying but like half the zone is leaving which sucks. Elder Beasley is coming here though so I'm super happy about that.  Elder Myers is going to be my new ZL and I've heard he's super cool.  It should be a interesting transfer.

Sunday:  Church was great today.  Sister Morrison and Brother Tryon spoke which was awesome.  So sad news that we received is that Hermana Rios is on her bed rest and will pass away in the next couple weeks.  It's so weird because when I first got here she was totally fine and super happy.  We did yard work for them and ate at their house and then all of a sudden she's super sick.  It's crazy to how fast someone's life can end.  Hermano Rios is a tough guy and is handling it pretty well.  It's a hard time for the Rios family that's why I think it's just an amazing blessing to have this Gospel in our lives and to know the Plan of Salvation.  We had dinner with the Islas Family. Tonight we had a Zone get together to say our goodbyes and sign each others journals.  I'm so sad to see all my homies leaving.  Half the zone and all my close friends are leaving.  They do this to me all the time.  Time to make even more friends.  Popular life you know.

So Tom shared Psalms 32 with us and it's amazing...  Christ Atoned for us so that we may have the opportunity to be forgiven and cleansed from our sins.

1. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
5. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
Psalms 32:1-5


Love yall!!
❤️Elder Perrine










No comments:

Post a Comment