Friday, September 26, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 17

Hola hola hola Madre,

Another awesome week has just flown by.  Weeks are just blurs now and I'm glad I write everything down or I'd be so lost.  There is always so much stuff going on. Haha

So this last P-Day we had a sweet Zone Activity.  We watched the church movie, "Ephraims Rescue". Super awesome movie.  It's like 17 miracles.  It would be a perfect family home evening activity.  Very powerful message.  It's crazy to think what the early pioneers went through to reach Zion.  I love learning about all this church history.  History is just a fascinating topic.  

On Tuesday we had another Zone Conference in Medford with the Russell's.  Zone Conferences are always a blast and I always learn so much. A main thing we talked about is being "Peaceable Followers of Christ".  We need to practice what we preach.  I get spiritual exhaustion after these big meetings haha.   On the way home I got Carls Jr!  There are no Carls Jr's in K-Falls so I was craving it. It was a nice treat.  I stopped by the Clantons home on the way home since they lived right there.  They were shocked to see us and it was nice to see them and talk with them about how the Branch is doing in Medford.  (The Clantons were a family from when he served in Medford.  They are an amazing family and Kevin really likes them.)

I had the amazing opportunity to go on an exchange this week with one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Jordan Anderson.  He's from Fillmore Utah (of course) but he is super cool and we have a ton in common.  We had a blast on the exchange.  We gave these three investigators blessings which I haven't done a whole ton of blessings so I was super nervous but I just let The Lord take the wheel and guide me through it.  They all said they felt the spirit strongly which was super awesome.  Anderson and I had some fun BBQ'ing chicken and Bratwursts! Yummy!  I have a BBQ at my apartment that I've never used so we decided to give it a try and it turned out really well.  There's a bunch of Elders here that I'm super close with and they are really cool.  They all keep talking to me about going to college at Dixie, in Saint George Utah. Haha. I guess a bunch of guys are going there.

Saturday we had another great day of service working on the Galindos fence some more.  We have all the posts up and now we are putting on the boards.  It looks like a fortress haha.  We got to eat some amazing homemade tamales, not nearly as good as Grandma Perrine's but they were good.  Speaking of Grandma Perrine.  You think I could get the recipes for Spanish Rice, Sopa, homemade tortillas, tamales, and whatever else haha.  Por favor.  Also I was talking to Hermano Galindo about my high blood pressure because he's a doctor and he said that it was cool that I was taking Losartan Potassium.  He said it's not used very much anymore and that it's pretty cheap.  He said my Doctors really must know what they are doing. 

On Sunday it was our Branch Conference.  The Stake Presidency came to talk to us.  I really like the Stake President here.  He is an awesome guy and a powerful speaker.  He also owns the big hospital here.  He talked about how we need to be "On The Lords Side".  We all know who is going to win (God) so we can choose to be on the winning side or the losing side.  If we are on the right path then it will be uphill and it will be hard but our Heavenly Father is trying to get us to the Safer Higher Grounds.  Great talk!

Also had an awesome night. Haha.  Elder Garcia and Elder Jesperson came to spend the night here in K-Falls because of P-Day and they brought mummy sleeping bags.  Well we all decided it would be funny to put the sleeping bags on and body chuck each other and have a huge brawl.  It was awesome and super funny!  I have a big video of it that I will try to send.  It's pretty intense hahaha.  (Bunch of goof balls. The video was pretty fun though.)

This week in Gospel Principals we talked about our Talents.

There are certain things we must do to develop our talents. First, we must discover our talents. We should evaluate ourselves to find our strengths and abilities. Our family and friends can help us do this. We should also ask our Heavenly Father to help us learn about our talents.

Second, we must be willing to spend the time and effort to develop the talent we are seeking.

Third, we must have faith that our Heavenly Father will help us, and we must have faith in ourselves.

Fourth, we must learn the skills necessary for us to develop our talents. We might do this by taking a class, asking a friend to teach us, or reading a book.

Fifth, we must practice using our talent. Every talent takes effort and work to develop. The mastery of a talent must be earned.

Sixth, we must share our talent with others. It is by our using our talents that they grow (see Matthew 25:29).

All of these steps are easier if we pray and seek the Lord’s help. He wants us to develop our talents, and He will help us. (Chapter 34: Developing Our Talents)

Sounds like soccer is a blast.  I'm sure you guys will get use to the crazy schedule haha. Those cinnamon rolls sound yummy.  (I made cinnamon rolls for Tylers seminary class.)

That's awesome about the update.  That's funny they were red lighting you haha.  I'm sure everyone would of rathered of listened to you talk about me anyways hahaha.  (My update on Sunday went over so they red lighted me, I guess.  I didn't see it so I just kept talking.  I tried really hard to keep it short, but it's impossible to sum up 6 months in 5 minutes.)

Well I love you guys very much.

Have a awesome week!

Love,
Elder Perrine

 


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment