Friday, September 26, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 16

 
 
Hola Madre,

This week was a blast!  This last P-Day all the Spanish elders and some English elders went to the Lava Tubes.  We went with the Harmon family.  They are super awesome!  The Lava Caves are actually in California right under Tulelake.  It was kind of cool being back in Cali for the day.  The caves were extremely fun!  I could spend like a week there exploring all the caves.  There are just so many of them.  Great day!

This week I had a lot of great food.  I had this Mexican corn with cream and chili powder on it like the ones from Nacho Libre haha. (A favorite in the Perrine household)  Good stuff!  Had Arrepas also which are from Venezuela.  Super bomb things.  Had Chilquiles also.  Also empanadas.  Too much good stuff.

So I got to do some awesome yard work this week.  My Paco side came out haha. (Paco was his nickname at home.  He is an amazing hard worker and landscaper/gardener)   Sis Bennett needed some yard work done of one of her 16 rental houses.  I got do make some rock borders around all the flower and bush beds.  I used a bunch of natural big rocks from the field next door instead of the pink ugly brick things she bought and when she came back she loved it!  She said she has gotten a ton of complements on it.  I got mad skills haha.  We are also helping the Galindos build a huge fence around their house.  It's going to be a big project.

H. is really progressing.  He gave up smoking and drinking alcohol.  It's really awesome.  Everyday he is getting closer to baptism.  The rest of our investigators still need a lot of work.

This last Sunday I had the opportunity to teach Priesthood.  It was really fun.  I taught on Work and Personal Responsibility so it was a easy subject for me.  A lot of people don't like work, but work helps build our character.  If we have a positive attitude towards our work we can enjoy our work even more and it's just good to have a positive attitude in life.  Makes life more enjoyable.

On one occasion President Monson said: “We … can choose to have a positive attitude. We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. In other words, we can choose to be happy and positive, regardless of what comes our way” (“Messages of Inspiration from President Monson,” Church News, Sept. 2, 2012, 2). (Our Prophet Thomas S Monson)

Sounds like your weeks are crazy now!  Super busy!  Sounds like a lot of fun stuff is going on though.

I'm not really sure what to tell the ward haha.  Tell them  missionary work is important.  It's our duty as members to spread the gospel to those around us.  Tell the youth to go to seminary and to pay attention in there.  To learn all they can and to prepare to serve missions.  I'm sure you can get a lot of stuff from my emails I've sent.  There are some good stories in those as well haha.  ( I gave his update at church on Sunday and asked if he had anything he wanted to say to the Ward.)

Thank you for the awesome package and for all the goodies. I love the ties, especially Great Grandpa Chiapas, and thank you for the Ross gift card!  (I made him some marshmallow guns to have fun without hurting himself ~ i.e. watermelon to the head.  However, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to freeze the marshmallows and shoot each other.  He said it was like getting hit in the face with a rock. Seriously Elders??  :)

I hope you have a great week.

Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Perrine
 Fun Package!
 The Mormon Mafia Ha!
 Fun in the lava cave

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment