Friday, August 8, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 11

Hola Mama,
So this week was packed full of fun stuff.

P-Day was a blast like always.  Instead of bowling we played pool at Sister B.'s place.  Took some sweet pics. We tried to copy a old picture that was on the wall.  We could of done better but it turned out pretty well.  (They actually did a pretty cool job.)

So since we got hit a while ago we had to take our van in this week to get fixed.  Which sucked because we had to ride bikes all week long.  It would be super hot then all of a sudden a lightening storm would come in and pour rain.  Crazy stuff.  The nasty miggies were horrible riding bikes around too because they would just smack you in the face.  There is also a really bad fire around here and it looks like the end of the world.  The smoke just covers the sky and it's so nasty to bike and walk around.  We finally got our van back today which is nice.

So this week I met the Rugby Coach for OIT, the college here in K-Falls.  He is a member in 1st ward.  He is a really cool guy.  His name is Bro. Brown and he started talking about me playing Rugby and says that I would be a good Rugby player.  Looks like I might have to try Rugby when I'm back haha.  (No surprise there.)

Had exchanges this week with Elder Allen.  He came to my Area and it was really fun.  It was cool to spend the day with him.  We had a lot of success.

This week we have just been finding people left and right.  Most are flakey but we found a couple that seem good. The area is getting better which is awesome.

So Saturday we did pear picking.  It was super fun!  It's the churches welfare orchards, which are huge!  We picked pears for about 4 hours but it was super fun because there were tons of people there.  Mad tons of missionaries.  It was just a huge party and picking pears are super easy.  This was in Medford too.  We went to Jasper's which was my favorite place to eat there.  Amazing Burgers.  One of the members ended up paying for us which was awesome!  There were about 8 elders so I know it was over $100.  He is a really nice guy.  We got to stop by the Medford temple too because it was right down the street.  It was a great day.  On the way home the smoke was nasty.  Couldn't see anything.  K-Falls is just covered in smoke.

Fast Sunday was good.  I was so hungry and tired but pushed through it.  Testimony meeting is always great.  I talked about service since the pear picking.

So in studies this week I read the talk to my favorite video, "Come what May, and love it".

When we fell down, she expected us to pick ourselves up and get going again. So the advice my mother gave to me then wasn’t altogether unexpected. It has stayed with me all my life.
“Joseph,” she said, “come what may, and love it.”
I have often reflected on that counsel.
I think she may have meant that every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result.

Sister B. is coming today.  You will like her. She is a super nice lady. Her husband played for the Red Sox and a couple other big baseball teams but he passed away.  I can't wait to get the package.  I'm excited.  In the package I sent home there are some slacks and church shoes.  If Tyler wants those he can have them.  If not then just leave everything in there.  I also wrote a letter for him.  (I received a call on Thursday from Sister B.  She was coming down to Sacramento to drop off a members daughter who lives down here.  Kevin asked her to take a box of stuff he didn't need and pick up the package I was getting ready to mail.  It was sooo neat to meet people who knew my son and loved him.  She said that he is fluent in Spanish, which is exciting to me.  I knew he was nervous about going back and relearning Spanish.  She said lots of nice things about him.  Her son said all the ladies are gaga over him.  No surprise there.  Ha!  This is one of the benefits of having him serve so close. I was also able to bake him is favorite goodies and send them up with her.  Great experience.  I have been missing Kevin and more emotional more these past few weeks than I have since he left.  This helped a bit and made him feel closer to home.  Only 18 more months to go!)

I heard you are coaching haha.  That is going to be interesting with you two as the coaches.  (I got suckered in to coaching Jesse's soccer team with Stephanie Cofran.  Soccer has been a big part of our life for 13 years, but I have NEVER played the game myself.  Oh well.  They are 4 and 5, so what do they know if I do things wrong. Right? Ha!

Hope you have a good week and all is well.

Love,
Elder Perrine





No comments:

Post a Comment