Friday, August 8, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 10



Hola Madre,

Can't believe it's been another week.  I'm glad today is P-Day.  This week has been exhausting and it's time for a break.

Last P-day we had a Zone lunch party at the Zone Leaders house.  We made a bunch of burritos and drank a bunch of soda.  Super fun.  After that we all went to bowling again.  I'm getting better each week.  My high score was 137 and I had 4 strike in a row at the end.  (No surprise he is getting better at bowling.  That kid is a natural at anything athletic)

So this week we finally got a branch mission leader, Hermano C.  He's been a member since December so he's pretty new but we are helping him out to know what he needs to do.  

So we had the opportunity to attend the Medford Temple this week.  We don't go to the Portland one unless your up north further but the Medford Temple was still a great experience.  We rode up with a member from Tulelake named Brother Tasum.  Spanish Tulelake Elders rode with us too.  They got us the ride so it was awesome.  A lady out front as we were walking up asked me if I had a name to use, I said no, and she asked if I could do one for a family member so I took one of her family names.  She had the biggest smile on her face and she was just so happy.  It was a great experience to start the day off.  The Temple like always was just amazing.  Got some good pics too.

Got some new investigators this week.  Had our second lesson with them so we can now count them as new.  If we just have one lesson with someone they count as a Potential till our second lesson.  But F. and A. are pretty cool.  They work a lot but they are really good people so hopefully they will be promising.  (They have been struggling finding spanish speaking investigators.  Hopefully these ones work out.)

So here in K-Falls they have these nasty flying bugs called miggies.  They come out at night and all you see are clouds of them.  They come out of the lake.  They are nasty things and just fly around in your face and splatter all over cars.  They don't bite or anything just fly everywhere.  They are annoying haha.  (I have been to Klammath Falls and have experienced these bugs first hand.  It is nasty!  They swarm around by the thousands and are everywhere.  Very weird)

The rest of the A. Family were baptized on Saturday.  I was a witness and also gave the Holy Ghost talk.  The Spirit was so strong during that baptism.  It was an amazing experience and that family just looks so happy now. Hermano A. and his son now have the Aaronic Priesthood.  Super cool.

This Sunday was a great Sabbath Day.  Great lessons and during Sacrament meeting the Young Women had a special program they did.  They just got back from girls camp so they all bore their testimonies about that and sang songs.  .  I

I cut my hair again.  Learned my lesson to never allow Fowler to trim my neck.  Never allowing him to do that again.  I didn't think trimming a neck was super hard haha.

Yesterday the C's were having a bad day and asked if we could give them blessings, of course we said yes. Fowler gave Hermana C. and blessing and I gave Hermano C. one.  It was a great experience and they were very grateful.

Yesterday we also had interviews with the Russells.  It was nice getting to talk with them and to get to know them better.  We also got a new phone which we have been needing. ( They are the new Mission President and his wife. I have not met them but I love them already.  They send out a weekly email to the missionaries and their families.  No doubt he loves the missionaries.)

This week was just so super busy and just drained me.  I'm taking this day to relax and get my energy back. Fun week though.

This week I read a great talk in studies called "From Mzungu to Friend".  It had a great story to it.  Service is a key that can unlock doors otherwise barred to us. As President Thomas S. Monson teaches, “When selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes” (From Mzungu to Friend)
 
Yeah just send the package whenever.  I can't really think of anything that I need.  I'm pretty good right now.

Looks like the Monterey Trip was awesome.  Wish I could go to the Beach.  I'm glad you all had fun.  (We went to Monterey this past weekend.  It was a lot of fun, but missed Kevin terribly.)

Hope you have a great week.

Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Perrine

 Kevin got his companion with the silly string I sent him.  Naughty boy!!  
Pretty sure Elder Fowler was not expecting it.  Haha!


 Nasty Miggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment