Monday, July 21, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 9

Hola Madre,

So this week has been super good!  Elder Fowler and I are great together!  We have been having a lot of fun while also working hard.  I have learned from looking at other missionaries that it is important to have fun while you are working otherwise you stress too much.  There are a lot of missionaries that freak out over little things.  It's better to take a step back, relax, and press forward.  So Elder Fowler is my new companion obviously.  He's from Bountiful Utah.  Too many Utah Elders haha.  (He has been lucky so far with his companions.  They get along great.)

So I get to drive now!  It's kind of nice being the one driving.  So since I took over the area I have been in charge of planning the days out since I know everyone.  I thought taking over the area would have been harder but it's actually really easy.  I like being in charge haha.  (No surprise there) Elder Fowler learned the people and area pretty quickly so he is starting to help me out more.

So this week Elder Fowler and I got work done!  We hit the streets all day everyday. The area here was really dying.  Couldn't really find anyone to teach but for some reason all the Hispanics decided to come out.  We found 5 different families to teach in just one week.  (So exciting and happy for him!!  It's been pretty rough finding spanish speaking investigators)  The work is really picking up and I'm really excited.  The work paid off walking around in the 100 degree weather all week.  I definitely have gotten tanner hahaha.  I have been drinking more water than I have ever had haha.  It's important to stay hydrated.  

So something even more exciting happened this week also.  The dad and boys of the A. Family are finally getting baptized.  The wife and daughters are the ones who recently were baptized but the dad said he wasn't ready. Super exciting!  I'm giving the Holy Ghost talk in Spanish so that's going to be a little crazy haha.  

So one night this week we pulled up to our apartment around 9ish and for some reason a car was blocking the entrance to our apartment complex.  I think it rolled out of its parking spot or something.  Not really sure so we knocked on about 10 doors but no one answered so we just squeezed the van by the car and parked.  Next morning it was gone.  Pretty weird.  (Pic below)

So this Wednesday my zone is all going to the temple.  It's going to be a lot of fun!  I feel like I haven't gone in forever!  (The first time he has gone since being on his mission)

This week has just been packed with miracles and we could definitely tell that the Spirit was guiding us to the people.  Really good week.  (Warms a mothers heart. :)

So this week in studies I read this talk.  I really enjoyed it.  It's important to not look back at the past but look towards the future.  We should also always follow in the footsteps of our Savior.  As we serve others we are only in the service of our God.  Every calling in the church is an important one and we should always strive to magnify our calling and serve others.  

Elder Edward Dube

While I was a boy working in the fields with my mother, she taught me one of the most important lessons in life. It was late in the morning, the sun was up, and we had been hoeing for what I thought to be a very long time. I stopped to look back at what we had accomplished and said to my mother, “Look at all we have done!” Mother did not respond. Thinking that she had not heard me, I repeated what I had said a little louder. She still did not reply. Raising my voice a little higher, I repeated again. Finally, she turned to me and said, “Edward, never look back. Look ahead at what we still have to do.”

My dear brothers and sisters, the covenant we made with the Lord when we were baptized, “to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in” (Mosiah 18:9), is a lifelong commitment. 

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf counseled, “Those who have entered the waters of baptism and received the gift of the Holy Ghost have set their feet on the path of discipleship and are charged to follow steadily and fully in the footsteps of our Savior” (“Saints for All Seasons,” Ensign or Liahona, Sept. 2013, 5). The Lord through His servants calls us to serve in various callings, which we accept with total commitment. When a release has been extended and a call in a different assignment has been issued, we joyfully accept it, knowing, as our forebearers knew, that “in the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how” (J. Reuben Clark Jr)

 (Look Ahead and Believe)

Thank you for that letter and awesome quote by Jeffery R. Holland.  He's one of my favs.

Thank you for the money also.  I just need to get some cheap slacks from Ross.

Monterey is going to be fun.  Wish I could be by the Coast.  (Family trip to Monterey this weekend)

Well I hope life is good.  Klamath Falls is a blast.

Have a good week!

Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Perrine

I think this is one of my favorite emails so far.  He sounds so excited and motivated and happy.  Love it!



Crazy!!  Glad Kevin is a pretty good driver.  That was a tight squeeze.


Kevin doing what he does best ~ yard work!!


He thinks he is so cool!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment