Thursday, July 10, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 7

Hola Madre,

So another week gone by in the mission field.

I cut P.'s hair this week.  I'm a pro with the clippers now. I just shaved it with different numbers.  It looks fresh.  And one night this week I was sick of my hair and so was Hooker so we just cut it all off haha.  It's been sooooooooo hot!  (I can't believe he shaved off his hair!)

Met the Russell's this week.  (The new Mission President and his wife).  They came to Klamath Falls.  They are super cool.  I really like them already.  Sister Russell is super funny.  It's going to be fun getting to know them better.

Found a super cool decal sticker at this christian store here.  It's a pretty cool store.  The sticker says Real Men Love Jesus. haha.  I put it on my Journal.   It looks good.

So this week Elder Hooker hit a cat in the road.  We were headed home that night and the cat didn't move like we thought it would so we just ran it over and it made a big noise.  Then we saw it rolling around in the street and ran off.  Pretty sure it just died somewhere.  Hopefully it was just a stray.  There's a lot of those here. (Yikes!)

4th of July was super fun!  We did some fun service in the morning and then just hung out with members all day.  That's what we were told to do haha.  Then we had a big Branch BBQ at the B.'s house.  Super good food though.  Then we had to be home by 7pm.  Super lame!  But from our apartment, since we are so high up, we could see the big firework show that the city put on.

Sunday was really good.  The classes were super good and during fast and testimony meeting I got up and bore my testimony on the importance of the Sabbath day.  Sundays are always fun.

It has been way toooo hot here.  Hate it!  Especially since our apartment doesn't have A/C so at night I take cold showers.  Hopefully it cools down soon. Poor guy :(

Read this talk this week.  I remember it from General Conference.   It's a good story though.

Elder Edward Dube

While I was a boy working in the fields with my mother, she taught me one of the most important lessons in life. It was late in the morning, the sun was up, and we had been hoeing for what I thought to be a very long time. I stopped to look back at what we had accomplished and said to my mother, “Look at all we have done!” Mother did not respond. Thinking that she had not heard me, I repeated what I had said a little louder. She still did not reply. Raising my voice a little higher, I repeated again. Finally, she turned to me and said, “Edward, never look back. Look ahead at what we still have to do.”

My dear brothers and sisters, the covenant we made with the Lord when we were baptized, “to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in” (Mosiah 18:9), is a lifelong commitment. 

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf counseled, “Those who have entered the waters of baptism and received the gift of the Holy Ghost have set their feet on the path of discipleship and are charged to follow steadily and fully in the footsteps of our Savior” (“Saints for All Seasons,” Ensign or Liahona, Sept. 2013, 5). 

The Lord through His servants calls us to serve in various callings, which we accept with total commitment. When a release has been extended and a call in a different assignment has been issued, we joyfully accept it, knowing, as our forebearers knew, that “in the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how” (J. Reuben Clark Jr)

 (Look Ahead and Believe)

You should try writing my letters earlier hahahaha.  (I wrote him at 2:30 in the morning on Monday.  My family was in town for Brians baptism and left at 1:00am and that was the first time I had a chance to write him.)

We drive a Dodge Caravan. haha.  There's only a few vans in the mission.  They use them a lot during transfers.  There are Dodge Caravans, Jeep Compass, Chevy Cruize, Ford Fusion, Chevy Colorados, and some suburaru car.  Lots of different cars.  ( I asked him what kind of van he had because I had never seen missionaries driving in vans before.)

I hope you have a good week.

Tell everyone I say HI and that I love them.

Love You.

Love,
Elder Perrine

I miss this face!!
 Love that goofball!!
 4th of July party

This "plaque" is on the church building in Klammath Falls.  It lists all of the Article of Faith.
Pretty Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment