Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Klammath Falls - Week 2 (Transfer)

Hey Mom,

So this week was pretty fun.  I forgot my journal at my apartment so I don't have all the details but I'll try my best to remember stuff.

We had a lot of great lessons this week.  We reached the standard of excellence which is a goal for lessons, investigators a Sacrament, etc... and we actually reached it which was crazy.  It's usually super hard to get it but we just pushed hard this week and tried our best.  
I have really enjoyed being able to study everyday.  I'm learning so much already and I feel like everything is starting to slowly come back to me.  I would like to encourage you to do some personal studies everyday.  It really makes your day great.  I have recently been looking at the Ensigns, General Conference talks, Mormon Messages, I'm a Mormon videos, Bible videos etc... since I now have this sweet IPad.  There is a lot of good stuff in there.  The Ensigns are awesome!  They are filled with lots of spiritual things.  Mormon Messages are also super awesome.  You should just watch them all.  We share a lot of the videos with our investigators.  It really helps them understand a little better and the videos are just powerful messages.  One Mormon message video that I watched recently is "come what may, and love it", it's such a great message.  I shared it yesterday with the Kids family (He calls them the Kids family because there are 8 kids and 1 lady who takes care of them.  Not sure if its a foster situation ??), and the G.'s also.  We had a huge BBQ dinner/ party.  Super fun.  Anyways I shared that video with them and the spirit was overwhelming so definitely watch it.  There's this really good quote that kind of goes along with it from President Thomas S. Monson.

Prophetic Promise: Facing Trials

“Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were--better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before.

“This should be our purpose--to persevere and endure, yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrow. Were it not for challenges to overcome and problems to solve, we would remain much as we are, with little or no progress toward our goal of eternal life.”

President Thomas S. Monson, “I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee,” Ensign, Nov. 2013, 87.

(I loved this.  I think this can apply to many people at some point in their life and is a great reminder.)

So I want you to do some personal studying during the week and it would be awesome if you could include your experiences in your email next week and share with me some cool stuff you found. (Yikes.  No pressure)

This week has just been another week in the Field.  I don't have my journal so I can't think of any funny stories this week but maybe next week I can fill you in.

Oh also a big change happened.  Today is actually the first day of the Transfer.  I actually moved to the northern part of K-Falls with Elder Hooker.  Elder Hooker is super cool though. Time to do some awesome work there cuz the area is dead. It's basically like starting all over again in a new area but it's the same branch so I know all the members already.  Just new investigators to teach. Elder Allen is staying in the apartment that I was in and he is getting a new companion fresh from the MTC.  Kind of sucks because the apartment that I was in was super nice and the new one is alright.  The new one is more up in the hills where the richer people are though. Our branch is super tiny.  I think we only had like 20 people at church last Sunday.  There aren't any Priesthood holders.  Only the Branch Presidency.  I think the rest work or something. (I told him that this could be one of his goals.  To reactive and encourage the members to go to church.  He knows, but I reminded him that its just as important to keep the members they have active as it is to bring new members in.)

Well time to go.  Talk to you next week.  

I love you so much.

Elder Perrine




I think these are the Elders that transferred out and Elder Perrine and Elder Hooker took their "spots".  
Kevin knew them from the Mexico CCM




No comments:

Post a Comment